Institute of International Education - European Office
Schwarzman Scholars is a one-year, fully-funded Master's Degree Program in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. Stephen A. Schwarzman, Co-founder, CEO and Chairman of the Blackstone private investment firm, founded Schwarzman Scholars in order to introduce future leaders from all around the world to China, and to each other.
The Master's Degree is in Global Affairs, and the curriculum has been designed by an international group of experts to build students’ leadership abilities and deepen their knowledge of China in a global context. All Schwarzman Scholars take a core curriculum together, then choose an individualized path of courses in a concentration area from among the options of Economics and Business; International Studies; or Public Policy.
Outside of the classroom, Schwarzman Scholars will have the opportunity to pursue internships at prominent institutions, corporations and nonprofit organizations. These opportunities offer practical experience that advances students’ academic interests, builds professional relationships in China, and accelerates students' path to leadership.
Each student will also have the opportunity to work closely with a senior mentor. Leading members of the Beijing business, academic and government communities will help advance students’ professional goals and support personal growth.
Beyond daily life in Beijing, Schwarzman Scholars will travel throughout China to explore themes related to their academic concentrations and professional interests.
Art der Förderung
All students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship including:
- Tuition and Fees;
- Room and board;
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year;
- An in-country study tour;
- Required course books and supplies;
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone;
- Health insurance, and;
- A modest personal stipend of $3,500
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2017 before orientation begins.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2017.
- English language proficiency: If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores (TOEFL or IELTS) must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least three years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for three or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
The online application is available at http://schwarzmanscholars.org/admissions/application.
- Allgemeine Förderung (Lebenshaltungskosten)
- Praktikum im Ausland
- Studium im Ausland
- Wohn- und Arbeitsraum
- Sach- und Reisekosten
- Berufsausbildung / Weiterbildung
- alle Fachrichtungen