Hertie School of Governance
The Professional School for Public Policy in Berlin
The Hertie School of Governance is one of the leading english speaking universities in Germany and an international teaching and research centre of excellence that prepares students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society.
Art der Förderung
If you have a strong motivation to study public policy, financial constraints should not stand in your way. The Hertie School offers a range of scholarships for highly qualified applicants.
- About 50% of our students receive scholarships in the form of awards ranging from 7,375 EUR to 32,500 EUR (25% to 100% of tuition fees).
- Scholarships are granted for the entire period of study (two years).
All applicants are ranked on the basis of the following criteria:
- Personal Suitability CV, professional experience, entrepreneurship, international experience, civic engagement. Weight: 40%
- Academic Excellence Strength of academic background, academic performance - grades/transcripts, general academic qualification, linguistic qualification. Weight: 40%
- Motivation Convincing motivation to study public policy or international affairs, motivation to study at the Hertie School, overall coherence. Weight: 20%
The ranking of applicants by the Admissions Committee is the basis for the allocation of scholarships for students with financial need. Financial need is determined on the basis of whether an applicant is able to finance tuition and living costs from the financial resources at their disposal.
Here’s what you need to know before applying:
- We accept applications and offer scholarships until 1 May.
- To apply for a scholarship you must complete the financial information section of our online-application form and confirm your financial need.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of merit and financial need.
Bewerbungsfrist: jeweils zum 01.05. eines jeden Jahres.
- Gesellschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften: Politikwissenschaft, Politologie